We hope that you are doing well and having a great 2014. Can you believe it, 2014! January passed quickly for us as we’ve been pretty busy. Here’s some of the things we’ve been doing:
– Each Wednesday we lead a Bible study in a part of town called La Boca. It’s the tourist part of town, but our Bible study is with the tourism workers, who are working class, and quite a few of which are immigrants to Argentina from Peru. This is an awesome little group of new believers who we are enjoying getting to know.
– Each Sunday we go to a different Baptist church in Buenos Aires. We’re trying to get to know the Pastors and church leaders, and seeing how we can work alongside them and encourage them.
– Each week Derek has several meetings with Argentine Pastors or Church leaders. Right now these meetings are to get to know each other, and to learn about Buenos Aires. This city is huge, and the spiritual needs are vast.
– We’re also working on a few prayer initiative things. There is a 21-day prayer guide for Buenos Aires that we’ve worked on, and we’re recording videos of local pastors giving a prayer request for their part of the city for each of the 21 days. Soon we’ll put these things on social media and our blog so that y’all can be praying for us, and more importantly, for all that God wants to do here in Buenos Aires.
– Time with family is of course a priority as well. It’s been awesome to see Andrew continue to grow. He’s right at 6 months old, and doing fabulous! Feel free to look at the pictures page for some pictures of us!
We appreciate the prayers, and feel free to contact us through e-mail or our USA Internet phone anytime. We’re excited about what all God is doing here, and we look forward to reporting more to everyone soon!
Derek, Audrey and Andrew Tucker